Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Craft Shows!!



It's been awhile since I've posted but not because nothing is happening! I'm still making pendants. Glass tiles, Rummikub and Scrabble game tiles and dominos! I've also been making magnets with Twilight characters (which I love) and vintage-look ones.

I've been working on earrings, too, and have really taken a liking to ceramic/porcelain glazed beads. The big chunky ones that look a little like Fiestaware?!? (see pics) They look really good with antiqued gold or copper earwires.

I've been to two craft shows now. Fort Rowdy Gathering in Covington, OH and the Charity League Holiday Craft Show in Sidney, OH. The second one had 150 vendors and really gave me an idea of what it is like to participate in craft shows. I actually loved it!!! Now in addition to all the ideas of pendants and jewelry rolling around in my head, I'm thinking of creative displays, table covers, efficient ways to set up tables!

I didn't do bad in sales. I was actually pretty busy, but with my price point being between $5 and $20, it takes awhile to accumulate some cash. I ended out the day with about $400 in sales. Not too bad, I guess. I just pictured myself coming and saying to my husband, "Count the digits, baby. That's right, 1,2,3,4!!" Not so much. Maybe next time, which happens to be Nov.21st at Bradford High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment